Re: Bugs with mixed Zimbra 7/Zimbra 8 cluster

At UW-Milwaukee, we have absolutely connected raw SAN volumes in our VMware environment.

In fact, in our initial transition from physical to virtual hosts, we connected our fibre channel SAN volumes via NPIV. The concept had more promise than VMware's implementation of it, and the later versions of VMware removed some of the volume size limitations, so we have migrated away from it.

However ... we did run many raw volumes in production for several years.

Steve.