Notes for Applicants:
Positions are available in both M.Sc. and Ph.D. levels on the availability of funds. Admission is usually granted along with full financial assistance. Under special circumstances, we do also consider very competent self-funded applicants. If you have external funding (NSERC, industry, foreign, etc.), admission is possible if you meet the minimum requirements of the School of Engineering, as well as my research group, and your area and background are deemed suitable for my current research projects. To qualify you must:
- be of great character, organized, and motivated
- have a degree from an internationally well-known institution with a high GPA
- have a strong background in the general area of heat transfer and fluid flow
- have experimental, analytical, and computational skills
- have strong interest in producing publishable results (Publish or Perish!)
- a TOEFL score of at least iBT 93 with a minimum of 20 in each category; or an IELTS (academic) of 7.0 with a minumum of 6.5 in each section. See the link for more info.
For other requirements, important information on how to apply, and the details of application procedure, please check:
If you think you meet the above requirements, please send your resume (in MS Word or pdf formats) to me. In your resume, please indicate your immigration status (Canadian, permanent resident or international). Also indicate if you hold, have applied for, or plan to apply for any funding or scholarship (e.g., NSERC).
Students holding national or international academic scholarships are encouraged to apply at any time for graduate research positions. All NSERC scholarship holders will receive $10,000/yr in addition to their scholarship funding.
Important Notice: I will contact you only if I need further information.
NSERC USRA Projects: