CIHR Funding News: Issue 216 - CIHR to convene a working meeting with researchers about the new peer review processes

The Office of Research Services has received the following information which we are forwarding to our e-mail list members:

Issue 216

CIHR to convene a working meeting with researchers about the new peer review processes

As announced by Minister Jane Philpott in her message to Canada's health research community, CIHR will convene a working meeting in the very near future to discuss the quality and integrity of CIHR's new peer review processes. This meeting will allow representatives of the research community and CIHR an opportunity to review and address the concerns raised by health researchers and peer reviewers. CIHR has already received many useful suggestions on how to improve the current peer review processes and, by openly sharing our concerns and objectives, we are confident that we will be able to find a resolution that is satisfactory for all. Read more

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *

Delay in launch of funding opportunities

Please note that the funding opportunities for our investigator-initiated programs (originally scheduled for June 30) are being delayed until after the working meeting announced by the Minister of Health has taken place. Read more

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *

CIHR Wants to Hear from You

Absence does not make the heart grow fonder – CIHR wants to hear from you as much as possible. There is a wonderful story to tell about the results and benefits of health research in Canada, but we need your help to truly make this a page turner. And, we need to keep telling this story. So, we encourage you to let us know when you have or, better still, are close to publishing the results of research funded by CIHR. Please drop us a line at mediarelations@cihr-irsc.gc.ca.

Contact Information

CIHR welcomes your questions and feedback and is committed to responding to your requests promptly.

Please direct all inquiries to the CIHR Contact Centre. Officers are available Monday to Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. ET and until 8 p.m. ET on deadline days.

Contact Centre

Telephone: 613-954-1968

Toll Free: 1-888-603-4178

support@cihr-irsc.gc.ca