CIHR Issue 221 – Timelines for the next Foundation Grant and Project Grant Funding Opportunities

The Office of Research Services has received the following information which we are passing on to our list members.

cid:image001.png@01D1F885.010EC8E0

Issue 221

Contents

1) Program Related Information

a) Second update from Dr. Paul Kubes, Chair of the CIHR Peer Review Working Group

b) Timelines for the next Foundation Grant and Project Grant funding opportunities

2) Funding Opportunities

a) Funding opportunities posted between July 16 and August 17, 2016 by CIHR and its partners

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *

1) Program Related Information

a) Second update from Dr. Paul Kubes, Chair of the CIHR Peer Review Working Group

First, I would like to thank the CIHR community for their patience and suggestions. I appreciate the variety of perspectives that have been presented, and I assure you that your feedback has been a key element of the Working Group’s deliberations. I would also like to thank the members of the Working Group, including those from CIHR, for changing their summer plans to devote time to this important work. We all want to get this right, but we do realize that time is of the essence, especially since we can now confirm the dates for Fall 2016 Project Grant competition and the Foundation Grant competition. Read more

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *

b) Timelines for the next Foundation Grant and Project Grant funding opportunities

Foundation Grant

The next Foundation Grant funding opportunity will be available on ResearchNet the week of August 29, 2016. Please note that the Foundation Grant funding opportunity is proceeding without significant changes, as per the update from the Peer Review Working Group.

* Anticipated registration period: August 30 to September 13

* Anticipated application period – Stage 1: September 14 to October 13 (application available the day after the registration deadline)

* Anticipated funding start date: July 2017

Further competition details, including other important dates, will be described in the funding opportunity.

Project Grant

The next Project Grant funding opportunity will be available on ResearchNet the week of August 29, 2016. Please note that the application and peer review process of the Project Grant competition are being modified as per the recommendations of the Peer Review Working Group.

* Anticipated registration period: September 8 to September 20

* Anticipated application period: September 8 to October 18 (application available as soon as the registration is submitted)

* Anticipated funding start date: April 2017

Further competition details, including other important dates, will be part of the funding opportunity.

Note: Applicants can either send one application as a program leader through the Foundation Grant competition; or up to two applications as a Nominated Principal Investigator through the Project Grant competition.

It is important to note that as long as an individual holds a Foundation Grant in the role of program leader, he or she is not eligible to apply to the Project Grant competition in the role of principal applicant.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *

2) Funding Opportunities

a) Funding opportunities posted between July 16 and August 17, 2016 by CIHR and its partners

The following is a list of funding opportunities which CIHR and its partners posted between July 16 and August 17, 2016.

To view these opportunities, please use the CIHR Funding Opportunity Database.

Simply select the opportunity from the list which is sorted alphabetically.

* Catalyst Grant: Health Services and Economics Research in Cancer Control

* Catalyst Grant: Work Stress and Wellbeing Hackathon

* Operating Grant: Analyses of Existing Canadian Cohorts & Databases

* Operating Grant: Antimicrobial Resistance

* Operating Grant: Social Inclusion of individuals with dementia and carers

* Other: SPOR Mentorship Chair in Innovative Clinical Trials

Please refer to the ″Contact Information″ section of the funding opportunity if you have additional questions about the funding opportunity.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *

CIHR Wants to Hear from You

Absence does not make the heart grow fonder – CIHR wants to hear from you as much as possible. There is a wonderful story to tell about the results and benefits of health research in Canada, but we need your help to truly make this a page turner. And, we need to keep telling this story. So, we encourage you to let us know when you have or, better still, are close to publishing the results of research funded by CIHR. Please drop us a line at mediarelations@cihr-irsc.gc.ca.

Contact Information

CIHR welcomes your questions and feedback and is committed to responding to your requests promptly.

Please direct all inquiries to the CIHR Contact Centre. Officers are available Monday to Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. ET and until 8 p.m. ET on deadline days.

Contact Centre

Telephone: 613-954-1968

Toll Free: 1-888-603-4178

support@cihr-irsc.gc.ca