MSFHR Leadership Announcement

The Office of Research Services has received the following information which we are passing on to our list members:

If you are having difficulty viewing this email properly, please click here:
http://www.mailoutinteractive.com/Industry/View.aspx?id=855668&q=1104720238&qz=259de8

Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Unsubscribe | Printable Version | Send this to a friend

Dr. Diane Finegood is leaving the Michael Smith Foundation for Health Research to seek new opportunities in the health, research and innovation ecosystem. Her last day at the Foundation will be December 2. Dr. Bev Holmes, vice-president, research & impact will assume the role of acting president & CEO. Diane and Bev will work closely over the coming weeks to ensure a smooth transition.

"Diane leaves an important legacy of her nearly five years at MSFHR," says Dr. John O'Neil, MSFHR board chair. "On behalf of MSFHR's board, I want to thank her for her contributions to BC's health research ecosystem, and wish her all the best in her future endeavours."

During Diane's tenure, MSFHR received nearly $140 million in funding from the provincial government and an additional $13 million from partner organizations to support health research in BC. She developed a five-year strategic plan that underpins many of the Foundation's recent accomplishments, including the launch of a refreshed suite of funding programs and the development of a successful business case for the BC SUPPORT Unit.

Under her leadership, MSFHR also shepherded the development of a provincial health research strategy, and greatly increased MSFHR's ability to measure and report on its impact. Diane also played an important leadership role at the national level, having served as co-chair of the National Association of Provincial Health Research Organizations (NAPHRO) and the Funder's Forum.

MSFHR board and staff remain committed to delivering on our 2014 – 2019 Strategic Plan. Moving forward under Bev's interim leadership and with our partners in the BC Ministry of Health and the health care and health research community, MSFHR looks forward to strengthening its critical role in BC’s health research ecosystem. The board will begin a search for a new CEO in early 2017.

Subscribe | Unsubscribe | Send this to a friend

Michael Smith Foundation for Health Research
200 - 1285 West Broadway
Vancouver, BC V6H 3X8
T  604 730 8322  |  F  604 730 0524  |  E  info@msfhr.org

This email was created and delivered using Mailout