MSFHR Connections | Celebrating our past and future

The Office of Research Services has received the following information which we are forwarding to our e-mail list members:

December 2016

Celebrating past successes and future opportunities

2016 was a milestone year for MSFHR. We celebrated 15 years of building health research capacity in BC and making a difference in the health research community and, ultimately, in the health of British Columbians.

We have many accomplishments to celebrate about and many things to look forward to in the coming year such as the launch of the final elements of our new suite of funding programs and strengthening our partnership with both the emerging BC Academic Health Science Network and the recently-funded BC SUPPORT Unit.

As December draws to a close and many of you take a well-deserved break, we would like to wish you all a wonderful holiday season spent with those who are dearest to you and all the best for the coming year.

Read more of Acting President & CEO Bev Holmes' holiday message.

Mary de Vera (2008 Trainee & 2014 Scholar) is the recipient of the Canada Research Chair in Medication Adherence, Utilization and Outcomes.

Congratulations to Tom Feasby (MSFHR Board Member) on receiving the Rhodes Trust Inspirational Educator Award.

Michael Hayden (2011 Aubrey J. Tingle Prize) has been named to the Canadian Medical Hall of Fame. He will be formally inducted in May 2017.

Philipp Lange (2011 Trainee & 2016 Scholar) has won the 2016 Great Canadian Innovation Grant, a program from the Canadian Cancer Society that supports researchers who are thinking "outside of the box" when investigating cancer.

Congratulations to our past and present MSFHR scholars, trainees and colleagues who received funding from the Stem Cell Network and the Government of Canada to support innovative stem cell and regenerative medicine research across Canada.

Follow Us