Workshop: BIRS 2018: Last Call for Proposals

The Office of Research Services has received the following information which we are forwarding to our e-mail list members:

Dear colleague,

This is the last call to submit proposals for the 2018 programme of the Banff International Research Station for Mathematical Innovation and Discovery (BIRS). The deadline for 5-day Workshop and Summer School proposals is Thursday, September 29, 2016.

Full information and guidelines are available on the BIRS website: http://www.birs.ca/applicants/guidelines/

Proposal submissions should be made online at: https://www.birs.ca/proposals/

As usual, BIRS will be hosting a 48-week scientific programme in 2018. There is also a possibility (to be confirmed later) that BIRS will be running an additional 25 workshops at its developing new station in Oaxaca, Mexico.

The Station provides an environment for creative interaction and the exchange of ideas, knowledge, and methods within the mathematical, statistical and computing sciences, and with related disciplines and industrial sectors. Each week, the station hosts either a full workshop (42 people for 5 days) or two half-workshops (21 people for 5 days). BIRS provides accommodation, full board, and research facilities at no cost to the invited participants, in a setting conducive to research and collaboration.

Sincerely,

Nassif Ghoussoub
Director, Banff International Research Station