2018 Resource Allocation Competitions Now Open -- Apply before Nov. 16

The Office of Research Services has received the following information which we are forwarding to our e-mail list members:

Compute Canada is now accepting applications to our annual Resource Allocation Competitions (RAC): Resources for Research Groups (RRG) Competition and the Research Platforms and Portals (RPP) Competition.

These competitions are open to all researchers based at Canadian academic institutions who are eligible to apply for funding to the federal granting agencies. Applications are evaluated for both technical feasibility and scientific excellence, and researchers who need more resources than are available through the Rapid Access Service (RAS) are encouraged to apply.

How to apply

  • All proposals must be submitted electronically through the Compute Canada DataBase (CCDB) by Thursday, November 16, 2017 at 10:00 PM Eastern Standard Time.

  • If this is your first time applying to the Resource Allocation Competitions, we strongly encourage you to consult with the Compute Canada technical staff responsible for the systems you intend to use. If you do not know the appropriate technical staff, please email rac@computecanada.ca.

  • Please note: an updated Canadian Common CV is required for the submission of an RPP or an RRG application. Please consult the Compute Canada CCV Submission Guide for further instructions.

RAC 2018 Q&A Sessions

English SessionFrench Session
(online only, English presentation with English Q&A)(Online and in person, French presentation with bilingual Q&A)
Wednesday, October 11Friday, October 13
12:00 – 1:30 pm Eastern (EDT)12:00 pm – 1:30 pm Eastern (EDT)
Location: Online – connection instructions will be emailed to all RSVPs.Locations: Online & at these in-person locations –,U. Laval, U. de Sherbrooke, U. McGill, and U. de Montréal
Register to AttendRegister to Attend

Key Documents

More Information

Competition criteria and submission guidelines are available on the Compute Canada website. If you have any questions about whether your resource needs fit within the competitions or if you need to consult with us about your application, please email rac@computecanada.ca.

Sincerely,

The Compute Canada RAC Administrative Committee

UNSUBSCRIBE
You have received this message through your subscription to an e-mail list.
If you would like to unsubscribe, please click here.