Open Society Foundations Grants Database

The Office of Research Services has received the following information which we are forwarding to our e-mail list members:

Dear Colleagues,

I'm writing to announce the launch of the Open Society Foundations grants database, available in January as a searchable page on the Open Society website. We are publishing our grants as part of a larger effort to be more transparent about the work we fund and the individuals and organizations we support.

This announcement is in some ways not really new; we have always published our U.S. grants as a matter of law, and for several years have provided many of our European grants to the Foundation Center's public grant repository.

Still, a consolidated listing of our grants, in a single place on our own site, is an important step. At a time when civil society is under unprecedented attack, it's crucial for us to do everything we can to tell our story and stand up for what and who we believe in. You are part of that story.

We encourage you to visit our website and explore the database when it is online in a few weeks. We're committed to the privacy and security of everyone we support and will not publish any names or contact information. We have also excluded a small number of our grants for sensitive work or where disclosure could put a grantee at risk. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us if you have any questions or concerns.

With thanks and best wishes for a healthy and happy New Year,

Leonard Benardo
Vice President, Open Society Foundations

UNSUBSCRIBE
You have received this message through your subscription to an e-mail list.
If you would like to unsubscribe, please click here