SOI deadline for Genome BC's Societal Issues Competition

The Office of Research Services has received the following information which we are forwarding to our e-mail list members:

Dear All,

This email is a friendly reminder for those interested that the deadline for statements of interest (SOI) for Genome BC’s Societal Issues Competition is fast approaching.

The SOI deadline is 24th January.

We encourage you/your researchers to submit your SOI forms (which can be found here: https://www.genomebc.ca/funding-opportunity/societal-issues-competition/) as soon as possible.

This requires your details and a 500 word description of your proposed research, so that we can evaluate eligibility and find appropriate reviewers for your full proposal.

Note there are no scores for submissions in this first round, rather we encourage application forms to be submitted as soon as possible so that we can contact you if there are any eligibility issues.  Sometimes these can be resolved through discussion before the final deadline.  This also gives us maximum time to find reviewers with the appropriate expertise for your work.

To be eligible you need to at least be connected to a BC-based research institution and to have research questions relevant to genomics and one or more of the sectors of focus (agriculture, forestry, fisheries/aquaculture, environment or mining).  You do not have to be an expert in genomics to apply.  This competition is focused towards social sciences, humanities, environmental science researchers and other relevant disciplines who can bring new perspectives and voices to the table.

If this is not of interest to you directly, please do share with any of your colleagues who may also be interested in this competition.

For further questions or interest in other funding opportunities, please feel free to contact me.

Best Regards,

Kate

Kate Harland

Genomics & Society Advisor

Genome British Columbia, 400 – 575 West 8th Avenue, Vancouver BC V5Z 0C4.

Cell: (604) 218 1331
Direct: (604) 675 1032

Office: (604) 738 8072

kharland@genomebc.ca I www.genomebc.ca

UNSUBSCRIBE
You have received this message through your subscription to an e-mail list.
If you would like to unsubscribe, please click here.