GEN Update April 30, 2000

Global Educators' Network Update
http://www.vu.vlei.com/GEN

Read GEN Updates on the Web:
http://www.sfu.ca/~scurrie/global-educators-network/
To manage your membership, follow the instructions at the end of this message.

Register Now For Our May Seminar

1 May 2000 - 31 May 2000
Facilitated by :  Curtis Bonk

How can we use the web to best support educators in generating and
sharing knowledge related to teaching and learning? As promised, we
are taking our April seminar, Course Design Exchange, to a new level
with Part II of our Faculty Sharing and Collaboration series:
Experiences on the Web. We will explore models and best practices for
faculty collaboration and sharing of resources.

Curtis is joined by three instructional designers and educators from
Instructional Systems Technology department at Indiana University:
Jamie Kirkley, Noriko Hara, and Vanessa Dennen. They will share their
online design and teaching experiences and expertise, and will help
us to develop a framework for faculty sharing and collaboration.

We welcome and encourage participation from all educators, trainers,
instructional designers, students, administrators and researchers.

To register for and access this seminar go to:
http://www.vu.vlei.com/vu/tlnce/PublicReg

What a Fabulous Three Weeks!

We are beginning to wrap up our April seminar: Course Design
Exchange, facilitated by Jennifer Lieberman and Stanley Shapiro. It
has been an extremely productive month! The good news is that the
conference will remain open for you to revisit and reflect. Also,
feel free to continue to post your course designs and provide
feedback to GEN members throughout the month of May while we
participate in Part 2 of the Faculty Sharing and Collaboration
series: Experiences on the Web.

A summary of the April seminar has been posted at:
http://www.vu.vlei.com/vu/tlnce/cgi-bin/VG/VF_dspmsg.cgi?ci=40&mi=244

All past GEN seminars are archived at:
http://www.vu.vlei.com/tlnce

Special Welcome to our Students from Australia!

As part of an assignment on "learning networks" for an university
education course, students from Australia specializing in computer
education will be participating in our May seminar. They also
conducted an "e-mail interview" to learn more about GEN. This is a
great example of an authentic and innovative online learning
experience!

Let's Hear From You

In addition to hosting monthly seminars, the Global Educators'
Network is committed to helping educators form online communities
based on common interests and goals. We encourage you to introduce
yourself in the "Self Introductions" conference
http://www.vu.vlei.com/vu/tlnce/cgi-bin/VG/VF_dspcnf.cgi?ci=30  and
to contact us (currie@idmail.com) with your ideas for seminar topics
and special interest groups.

GEN update is prepared by:

Sylvia Currie, Coordinator
Global Educators' Network
currie@idmail.com
http://www.vu.vlei.com/GEN

send mail without a subject heading or signature to
         majordomo@sfu.ca
with the following command in the body of your email message:
         unsubscribe global-educators-network

or from another account,
         unsubscribe global-educators-network <your address>

To subscribe to this mailing list,