Week 3 of GEN Seminar: ThoughtShare

Dear GEN members:

We're into the third week of our Global Educators' Network
"ThoughtShare" seminar, facilitated by Brian Fisher (aka
"Cyberpsychologist") from University of British Columbia, and his
"Co-conspirator" John Dill, from Simon Fraser University. Brian and
John were involved in the development of the award-winning
Telelearning NCE technology "CZWeb" which is now being further
developed by ThoughtShare.

So far seminar participants have been raising questions and searching
for solutions related to:
* getting lost in Web's hyperspace
* anchoring our communication to media on the web (breaking down the
barrier between Web content and conferencing)
* structuring the information we find on the Web for better understanding
* understanding the effects of self-documenting concept maps and
presentation tools on the communicative and cognitive processes for
individuals, and influences on collaborative relationships

The beta version of ThoughtShare is available to GEN members.
Experience first- hand how some of the concepts of anchoring
communication are being implemented, explore the larger issues around
visual cognition, and participate in the advancement of this
state-of-the-art technology. Information about downloading
ThoughtShare can be found at:
http://www.vu.vlei.com/vu/tlnce/cgi-bin/VG/VF_dspmsg.cgi?ci=54&mi=25

Please join us! It's never too late. We expect and welcome
late-comers, new-comers, lurkers and leaders!
http://www.vu.vlei.com/vu/tlnce/cgi-bin/VG/VF_dspcnf.cgi?ci=54

Sylvia Currie, Coordinator
Global Educators' Network
currie@idmail.com
http://www.vu.vlei.com/GEN

Register for GEN seminars and browse past seminars at:
http://www.vu.vlei.com/vu/tlnce/PublicReg

send mail without a subject heading or signature to
         majordomo@sfu.ca
with the following command in the body of your email message:
         unsubscribe global-educators-network

or from another account,
         unsubscribe global-educators-network <your address>

To subscribe to this mailing list,