- 1997, Ph.D, Asian Studies, University of British Columbia. Dissertation: “Journey Within: The Inward Turn of the Contemporary Chinese Novel” .
- 1991, M.A., Comparative Literature, Peking University.
- 1988, B.A.(Hons.), Chinese Language and Literature, Peking University.
- 2008-present, Associate Professor, Department of Humanities and Asia Canada program, Simon Fraser University, Canada
- 2005-2008, Lecturer, School of Languages and Cultures, University of Sydney, Australia
- 1999-2003, Assistant Professor, Department of East Asian Studies, University of Alberta, Canada
- Chinese literary and cultural studies, mass media and popular culture in contemporary China
- Chinese Diaspora and Sinophone literature; ethnic Chinese media in Canada
- Director, Asia-Canada Program, SFU
- Member, Steering Committee, David Lam Center, SFU
|YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN...