[linux-security] end of support for RedHat 6.2, 7.0

Dear linux-security subscribers:

According to

http://www.redhat.com/apps/support/errata

RedHat will provide errata maintenance for at least 12 months from the date
of initial release. The support period for RedHat 6.2 and 7.0 ends at

March 31, 2003

After that date we will no longer be able to provide security updates for
RedHat 6.2 and we will therefore stop exporting our RedHat 6.2 distribution
from sphinx at the end of March. Please upgrade to a version of RedHat that
is still supported. RH 8.0, 7.x, x=1,2,3 are all supported until the end of
the year.

Regards,
Martin

P.S.: (personel comment) In my opinion a one year support period is by far
too short. An operating system should be supported over the typical life
span of a computer system, i.e., about three years. Supporting RedHat
systems will be much, much harder from now on.