- Outdoor Spaces
- Morris J. Wosk Centre For Dialogue
- Harbour Centre
- Goldcorp Centre for the Arts
- Segal Building
- Vancouver Catering
- Technology Rates
- Book Now
- Contact Us
- Filming + Photo
Meeting, Event and Conference Services (MECS) have been working diligently to plan for a safe and gradual resumption of activities for our event attendees and our staff in alignment with guidelines from government and provincial health authorities. From how our team interacts with event attendees, to enhancements to our cleaning and sanitization procedures, to more thoughtful use of our spaces including updated room capacities, we have revised our processes to support the safety of those using our facility and our team. We will continue to adapt processes as necessary, keeping safety top of mind and adhering to public health and WorkSafeBC guidelines.
SFU Meeting and Gathering Guidance
- Discretionary/Social Events – Indoor seated events are limited to 50% capacity. Masks required when not seated/eating. BC Vaccine Card required.
- Non-Discretionary/Essential Events – Must be related to work or educational activities on campus. No capacity restrictions. No BC Vaccine Card
Masks are still required indoors for all events unless someone is eating and seated. Masks are required for essential internal work-related meetings.
- Seated (i.e. outdoor sports games) – no more than 5000 or 50% of seated operating capacity, whichever number is greater.
- Not seated – Not allowed as per PHO.
The Safe Work plan is required for in-person meetings and gatherings organized by MECS or other departments.
- This includes seated and non-seated events
- Catering provided to a departmental managed space
Please download a copy of the Safe Work Plan form, fill out using Adobe Acrobat or Acrobat reader and save it to your computer before sending the form back to MECS.
Forms filled out in-browser will not save.
Please contact us for more information.