- are well motivated and dedicated to solve theoretical and/or applied statistical problems,
- have a strong background in mathematics OR statistics OR computer programming,
please send me the following items in PDF files to my email (firstname.lastname@example.org ):
- A resume (Please tell me the schools you attended, your working experience and your publications),
- A copy of your graduate/undergraduate transcript, (I am not asking for an original transcript. A list in email or a photocopy is enough.)
Once I receive the above items, I will contact you and we can start from there. If you do not receive my response in two weeks, it means that your academic background does not fit my research program.
Top Reasons of international students to apply Canadian Universities, among many others
- Canada is recognized worldwide for our outstanding quality of education and research.
- Canadians are friendly and multicultural. Learn more about the unique Canadian culture
- Canada is ranked #1 in the world when it comes to quality of life. Canada is considered one of the safest countries in the world for international students.
- Easy to become a Canadian permanent resident after obtaining your PhD degree.
- You DO NOT NEED TO TAKE GRE EXAM. Students whose native language is not English have to take TOEFL or IELTS exams. You do not have to achieve a high score as long as you pass or are close to the satisfactory score set by the university. The details for the satisfactory score are: ``Applicants normally will be required to achieve a satisfactory score on a standardized English test acceptable to the University. This test must include a writing component. The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) including reading, writing, speaking, and listening components, is acceptable for this purpose. The IELTS (International English Language Testing Systems) is also acceptable. The minimum university requirements for test scores is TOEFL 88 with a minimum of 20 in each category (internet based exam), or TOEFL 570 and TWE 5 (paper based), or TOEFL 230 (computer based), and IELTS overall band score of 7.0;``