Faculty and Staff
Update on SFU's Vice-President Academic and Provost search
Professor Jonathan Driver’s term as Vice-President Academic and Provost Pro Tem ends on Aug. 31, 2020.
In accordance with the procedures set out in policy GP29 – Search Committees for Vice-Presidents and Associate Vice-Presidents, a search committee has been established and is currently undertaking a process to select SFU’s next Vice-President Academic and Provost.
The Vice-President Academic and Provost is responsible for overseeing the delivery of all academic programs at the university, including student experience and student success, resource allocation, academic planning, quality assurance, and support and development of faculty members. The position also works with others on the development of academic programs, faculty and portfolio budgets, faculty hiring plans, and supports for students.
You are invited to participate in this important process and share with the Committee the qualities, attributes and types of experience you feel the successful candidate should possess.
Here is how you can participate:
- Online Questionnaire: Share your feedback anonymously until Jan. 17th. Take the Survey.
- Written submission: Send a written submission directly to the committee by Jan. 17th: email@example.com
- All Campus Forum: Join us in person from 10 to 11:30 a.m. on Jan. 15th, 2020 at one of our three campuses:
- Burnaby campus: Halpern 126
- Surrey campus: SUR 3040
- Vancouver campus: HC 1400-1410
- The forum will also be webcast live and recorded. Find out more.
Your feedback will help shape the position description and candidate profile, documents that will be used in the recruitment and evaluation of candidates.
For more information about the search committee or process, visit: https://www.sfu.ca/pres/search-for-vice-president-academic/vpa-search-community-consultation.html