Communication Networks LaboratoryThe Communication Networks Laboratory highlights the interests and activities of its two principals Ljiljana Trajkovic and Stephen Hardy. Current activities encompass wireline and wireless data networks, with emphasis on traffic modeling and characterization, simulation of network protocols and algorithms, and analysis of network performance.
- Performance analysis of high-performance packet networks
- Simulation of protocols, connection admission, scheduling, and congestion control algorithms in packet networks
- Traffic collection, characterization, and modeling in packet networks
- Intelligent control of communication systems
- Performance analysis of high speed LAN's
- End-to-end performance improvements in wireless networks
- Traffic modeling in wireless data networks
- Real-time traffic performance in wireless LAN's
- Bandwidth analysis in a wireless LAN testbed
- Estimation and prediction of ATM traffic.
- multi-agent and holonic systems
- wireless peer-to-peer networking
- intelligent control
- vision and sensing
- robotic systems
- RFID and sensor networks
- distributed energy resources.