Welcome - And your feedback is welcome, too. Are there links you are always looking for, or maybe you have an idea for a whole new Information portal? Please let me know.
Thanks. Barb (email@example.com)
Biology Public Calendars
Public calendars, unlike shared calendars, can be accessed from your mobile devices. If you have events you would like posted to either of these calendars, please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
BISC Important Dates and Deadlines
Click here to view:
- stat holidays, university closures, etc.
- parties and social events (Welcome Party, Majors' Day, etc.)
- internal deadlines (departmental meetings, scholarships, study leave applications, etc.)
- academic dates (first/last day of class, course evals, exam period, grades due, etc.)
- TSSU-related reminders (TUGS due, W/L reviews, TA rankings due, TA applications due, etc.)
- financial (paydays, semester and year-end cut-offs, etc.)
How to add the Biological Sciences Calendars to your SFU Connect account
You will need to add each Calendar separately. Please follow the directions below:
- To add a public calendar log in to your SFU connect account and click on the Calendar tab.
- On the Calendar sidebar (left hand side of the screen) select the Add External Calendar option.
- Under Source, select “Add External Calendar (Other)”.
- Under "Type" select iCAL Subscription.
- The ICS URL box will automatically pop up. Copy and paste one of the following links:
- BISC Academic Events: https://email@example.com/BISC_Academic_Events.ics
- BISC Important Dates and Deadlines: https://firstname.lastname@example.org/BISC_Important_Dates_and_Deadlines.ics
- Give the Calendar a relevant name and check “Exclude this calendar when reporting free/busy times” and select a colour for the new calendar.
- Click OK and the calendar should populate. You can use the check box next to the calendar on the sidebar to turn the calendar on and off.