Professor, School of Computing Science
Ph.D., University of Toronto, Canada, 1985
M.Sc., University of Toronto, Canada, 1977
- Knowledge representation and reasoning
- Belief change
- Reasoning about action and change
- Nonmonotonic reasoning
- Preference handling
- Knowledge Representation
- Artificial Intelligence
- Database Systems
Recently taught courses
- CMPT 411: Introduction to Knowledge Representation
- CMPT 354: Database Systems
Selected recent publications
- James P. Delgrande, “Revising by an Inconsistent Set of Formulas”, 22nd International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence, (IJCAI-11), Barcelona, Spain, July 19-22, 2011, pp. 833-838
- James P. Delgrande and Pavlos Peppas, “Belief Revision: Revising Horn Clause Theories” 22nd International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence, (IJCAI-11), Barcelona, Spain, July 19-22, 2011, pp. 839-844.
- Aaron Hunter and James Delgrande, “Iterated Belief Change Due to Actions and Observations”, Journal of Artificial Intelligence Research, 40, 2011, pp. 269-304.
- James Delgrande, “A Program-Level Approach to Revising Logic Programs under the Answer SetSemantics”, Theory and Practice of Logic Programming, 10, 4—6, 2010, pp. 565-580
- James P. Delgrande and Renata Wassermann, Horn Clause Contraction Functions: Belief Set and Belief Base Approaches”, Twelth International Conference on Principles of Knowledge Representation and Reasoning, Toronto, Canada, May 9-13, 2010.
Website for more information.
Listing on the DBLP CS Bibliography Server.