The School of Computing Science is pleased to welcome faculty member Dr. Mo Chen, who will be joining us August 1, 2018.
- PhD, Electrical Engineering and Computing Science, University of California, Berkeley, 2017
- B. A. Sc., Engineering Physics (EE option), Mathematics Minor, Univerisity of British Columbia, 2011
- Multi-robot systems
- Safety-critical systems
- Motion planning
- Control theory
- Computational methods
- Dynamical systems modeling
- Numerical analysis
Selected recent publications
- Mo Chen, Sylvia Herbert, Mahesh S. Vashishtha, Somil Bansal, Claire J. Tomlin, "Decomposition of Reachable Sets and Tubes for a Class of Nonlinear Systems," IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control (to appear).
- Mo Chen, Qie Hu, Jaime F. Fisac, Kene Akametalu, Casey Mackin, Claire J. Tomlin, "Reachability-Based Safety and Goal Satisfaction of Unmanned Aerial Platoons on Air Highways," AIAA Journal of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics, 2017.
- Sylvia L. Herbert*, Mo Chen*, SooJean Han, Somil Bansal, Jaime F. Fisac, Claire J. Tomlin."FaSTrack: a Modular Framework for Fast and Guaranteed Safe Motion Planning,"IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, 2017.
- Aparna Dhinakaran*, Mo Chen*, Glen Chou, Jennifer C. Shih, Claire J. Tomlin. "A Hybrid Framework for Multi-Vehicle Collision Avoidance,"IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, 2017.
- Mo Chen, Sylvia Herbert, Claire J. Tomlin,"Exact and Efficient Hamilton-Jacobi-based Guaranteed Safety Analysis via System Decomposition,"IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, 2017.