Associate Professor, School of Computing Science
- Ph.D. Computer Science, University of Toronto, Canada, 2000
- M.Sc. Computing Science, Simon Fraser University, Canada, 1996
- B.Sc., National University of Kiev, Ukraine, 1993
- Computational complexity theory
- Pseudorandomness and derandomization
- Circuit lower bounds
- Logic in complexity theory
- Computability and Complexity
- Data structures and Algorithms
Recently taught courses
- CMPT 307 Data structures and algorithms
- CMPT 881 Average-case complexity
- CMPT 308 Computability and Complexity
Selected recent publications
- V. Kabanets and R. Impagliazzo, Derandomizing Polynomial Identity Tests means proving circuit lower bounds, Computational Complexity, 13(1-2), pages 1-46, 2004.
- R. Impagliazzo, V. Kabanets, and A. Kolokolova, An axiomatic approach to algebrization, in STOC’09.
- R. Impagliazzo, V. Kabanets, and A. Wigderson, New direct product testers and 2-query PCPs, in STOC’09 (to appear in the SIAM Journal on Computing).
Visit website for more information.