Summer Research Awards
For a list of projects currently available in our research labs, follow the link below.
Awarded positions must be held for a minimum of 16 weeks with the possibility of a longer term depending on the project. Stipend levels (which include a supplement from SFU), will be:
- $2,200/month upon completion of 4th year
- $2,100/month upon completion of 3rd year
- $2,000/month upon completion of 2nd year
NSERC may provide a travel allowance, subject to the conditions outlined in the documentation on their website.
Before applying, check that you are eligible at the NSERC site
- Fill out Form 202, Part 1 on-line, including uploading copies of your official transcripts
- Email scanned copies of the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
• Form 202, Part 1
• a current official transcript, and
• a short statment describing your research interests and relevant work experience
- Successful applications will be matched to a project. The project supervisor will complete Form 202, Part 2 so you can verify and finalize your NSERC on-line forms.
Applications must be received no later than January 31, 2019
SFU Physics USRA Coordinator
Dr. Karen Kavanagh
Department of Physics
Simon Fraser University
Telephone: (778) 782-4244
Vice-President Research USRA
SFU International Students are not eligible for NSERC, and instead are encouraged to apply for a Vice-President Research USRA.
Please see the Dean of Graduate Studies' VPR USRA Page for more information.
Please send applications to email@example.com no later than January 31, 2019