Re: question regarding 5.0.8 -> 5.0.11 upgrade

----- "Michael A. Jastremski" <jastrems@isc.upenn.edu> wrote:

| Good afternoon,
|
| We are planning an upgrade of our multi-server environment in the next
| month or so.
| I'm writing today to ask a few questions ..
|
| - Have you upgraded to 5.0.11 from a prior 5.0.X release?  If so, was
| this a multi-server environment?

Yes in anmulti-server environment, with 3 ldap servers, 8 production mailbox servers, 2 spares.

| - How long did the process take?  How much time was initially
| allocated?

Allocate 2 hours, usually takes 1.5 hours.

| - Any new problems with 5.0.11 ?

Why not go to 5.0.15?

We upgrade in test environment first ( 2 ldap servers, 2 mailbox servers). No problem found for the upgrade process.
5.0.15 production system upgrade is scheduled this coming weekend from 5.0.12 to 5.0.15.

| - How many users/gigabytes were involved in your upgrade?

Average 5000 users per server, 1.5 TB used space in /opt/zimbra/store.

| - Anything you'd do differently a second time around?

We've done it 10 times over (starting from 5.0.3).  Most upgrade and post-upgrade are managed by configuration management ( things that would not be kept by upgrade, such as
skin, java policy if you use kerberos) and  scripts  (disable/enabling monitoring,  put up outage page on webmail, post-upgrade tests etc).

Xueshan