Re: question regarding 5.0.8 -> 5.0.11 upgrade

Our production environment is 4 mail servers, 4 LDAP servers, a logging
server and 3 mail relays.  We migrated to 5.0.11 several weeks ago and
the update really was one of the smoother ones.  The entire process was
a few hours, tops.  We did not do mailstore database integrity checks,
though.  With 79,000 mailboxes and a bit over 6 TB of mail, since we
hadn't been seeing any anomalous behavior, we decided to skip that
portion.  The last full database verify we did added about two hours per
mailstore to the upgrade time.

The only thing to watch is the logger database.  There are some warnings
about potential problems with upgrading the logger database in the
release notes.  If you're running the logger service, and it's on a
mailstore, do take precautions before the update.  It can throw a
massive wrench in your update schedule.

Good luck!

--
Tom Golson