Re: injecting holidays into calendars

On Mon, Feb 8, 2010 at 12:20 PM, Matt Miller <mem@isc.upenn.edu> wrote:
We've thought about putting university holidays into everyone's calendar. General feedback seems that the idea is supported by users as well.

I haven't found any way to do this... I'm thinking it might be easier to create a shared university holiday calendar and post directions to subscribe to it.

Has anyone else done something similar? How do you handle holiday calendars?

We use a shared, read-only calendar for district in-service days and stat holidays.

For new accounts, you add a line to your script to share the calendar with the account.  (You do use a script to create accounts via the zm* tools, right?)  ;)

For existing accounts, you can write a script to share the calendar with everyone.  (Don't ask for the syntax, as I don't know what it is.  I'm just the server admin, not the Zimbra admin.)  :)

--
Freddie Cash
fjwcash@gmail.com