Re: Password Changing and multiple clients

On 03/06/10 18:13, Fred Seaton wrote:
> Thanks...  We thought about the plain-text email approach.  All of our
> helpdesk staff already have a signature that states we will never ask
> for a password via email.  You still can't imagine (wait-- you work for
> universities, don't you?) how many users will happily send their
> password to anyone who asks in email! :O

If you can forgive the intrusion of a non-Zimbra site lurker, some may
be interested or amused to know that Oxford recently published a rather
verbose explanation of why we expire single sign-on passwords. We expire
them once a year and even this is too frequent for some (vocal) users.
Essay is at
<http://www.oucs.ox.ac.uk/registration/passwords/password_expiry.xml?splitLevel=-1>.

Mike

--
Dr Michael Fraser
Head of Infrastructure Systems and Services