Re: public folders?

On Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 4:01 PM, Freddie Cash <fjwcash@gmail.com> wrote:

Use resource accounts instead of full-fledged accounts.  Mail is still
delivered as per-normal, but it doesn't use up licenses.  These are
shared resources, after all, and not e-mail accounts.

Shoot!  Any way to transform a regular account into a resource account?

Yes.  :(  This, and the lack of tags on shared folders, is a real
downer for using Zimbra in collaborative environments.  This is
supposed to be fixed in Zimbra 7 (or is it slated for 8?).  There's a
couple of bugs about this, with lots of action recently.

I'm quite certain it'll not be resolved with Zimbra 7.  There was hint of a collaboration environment for 7 at one point, but I got the impression that it'll either be part of 8, or an (additional cost?!) add-on.  If it were an additional-cost add-on, that would royally suck.  But we'll just have to see what happens.