Re: public folders?

You could always just export the data from the real account using the import/export option in preferences.  Create the resource account.  Login to the resource account and then import the data back in.  When done, remove the original account.

Of course, you'd have to re-set any share's...etc... that had been done.  But that can always be done by the zmmailbox command.

----- "Amos" <a.goo0h@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 4:01 PM, Freddie Cash <fjwcash@gmail.com> wrote:

Use resource accounts instead of full-fledged accounts.  Mail is still
> delivered as per-normal, but it doesn't use up licenses.  These are
> shared resources, after all, and not e-mail accounts.

Shoot!  Any way to transform a regular account into a resource account?

Yes.  :(  This, and the lack of tags on shared folders, is a real
> downer for using Zimbra in collaborative environments.  This is
> supposed to be fixed in Zimbra 7 (or is it slated for 8?).  There's a
> couple of bugs about this, with lots of action recently.

I'm quite certain it'll not be resolved with Zimbra 7.  There was hint of a collaboration environment for 7 at one point, but I got the impression that it'll either be part of 8, or an (additional cost?!) add-on.  If it were an additional-cost add-on, that would royally suck.  But we'll just have to see what happens.

--
David Emmerich
Manager ITS User Services