Funding announcement: MSFHR funds 53 exceptional Scholars and Research Trainees

Title: replace with my subject
The Office of Research Services has received the following information which we are forwarding to our e-mail list members:
MSFHR announces 53 funding-award recipients from across BC

-
MSFHR funds 53 exceptional Scholars and Research Trainees

MSFHR has announced 53 funding-award recipients (20 Scholars and 33 Research Trainees) from across the lower mainland, Prince George, Kelowna and Victoria. These award recipients, selected from a highly competitive pool of applicants, represent a bright future for health research in British Columbia.

“We are thrilled that with the support of our award partners we are able to offer funding to over 50 researchers across BC”, says Dr. Bev Holmes, Interim President & CEO. “These are our flagship funding opportunities and the foundation for attracting, nurturing and retaining the outstanding researchers needed to support the advancement of world-class health research in BC.”

The MSFHR Scholar and Research Trainee Programs work in tandem to support the long-term success of the BC health research landscape. The Trainee Program provides salary support for health researchers in the training phase of their research career, while the Scholar Program focuses on researchers who are building cutting-edge health research programs, training junior scientists and expanding their potential to make significant contributions to their field. Together, these awards help support the development and retention of BC’s research talent.

These 53 awards support research that spans a broad range of disciplines, from addiction to cardiovascular genetics and type 2 diabetes. Thirteen of the 53 are partnered awards, giving partner organizations such as Parkinson Society British Columbia the opportunity to grow research in their priority area, while enabling MSFHR to increase the total number of applications funded to help address important health challenges for the benefit of all British Columbians.

“We are continuing to see former Trainees who are now early-career researchers receiving Scholar Awards to further build their research programs and allow them to train the next generation of researchers,” says Holmes. “We are delighted that alongside our new and returning funding partners we are able to continue supporting these exceptional researchers as they strive for excellence in health research and innovation.”

Visit the MSFHR website to learn more about our Scholar and Research Trainee Programs, and find out about our partnership opportunities.

-

Follow Us