Funding Opportunity: Deadline August 3, 2017

The Office of Research Services has received the following information which we are forwarding to our e-mail list members:

Hello,

I’m excited to let you know that Grand Challenges Canada (funded by the Government of Canada) has launched a new open funding opportunity, open to applicants in low- and middle-income countries and Canada: Stars in Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn, and Child Health (RMNCH).

Stars in Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn, and Child Health seeks bold ideas for products, services and implementation models that could transform how persistent challenges in reproductive, maternal, newborn and child health are addressed in low- and middle-income countries. Successful proposals will be awarded seed grants of up to $100,000 CAD over a maximum of 12 to 18 months.

Of particular interest to Grand Challenges Canada are innovations to improve reproductive, maternal, newborn and child health in humanitarian contexts, notably among internally displaced and refugee populations, as well as innovations that improve the sexual and reproductive health and rights of women and girls, so that they are empowered and have greater influence over their lives and futures.

I would like to ask you for your support in spreading the word about the funding opportunity to your network and organization. Please find a social media toolkit attached, which includes more information about the Request for Proposals, suggested social media messages, a draft email to include in your organization’s eBulletin or Newsletter, and images to include in your messaging. Below is an email to forward along to anyone who might be interested.

Please share these funding opportunity as widely as possible from now until the deadlines, and feel free to tweak messaging as you see fit.  If you no longer wish to receive information about funding opportunities from Grand Challenges Canada, please let me know. We thank you in advance for your help in sourcing Bold Ideas with Big Impact in global health.

Best wishes,

Grand Challenges Canada / Grands Défis Canada

MaRS Centre, West Tower

661 University Avenue, Suite 1720

Toronto, ON  M5G 1M1

T 416.583.5821

grandchallenges.ca

Follow us: Facebook, TwitterYouTubeLinkedIn

BOLD IDEAS WITH BIG IMPACT

From: Grand Challenges Canada [mailto:info@grandchallenges.ca]
Subject: New Funding Opportunity | Nouvelle occasion de financement

New Funding Opportunity | Nouvelle occasion de financement

View this email in your browser

New Funding Opportunity

Stars in Global Health: Round 9

STARS IN REPRODUCTIVE, MATERNAL, NEWBORN AND CHILD HEALTH

Grand Challenges Canada, funded by the Government of Canada, has launched a new funding opportunity open to applicants in low- and middle-income countries and Canada: Stars in Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn, and Child Health (RMNCH).

Stars in Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn and Child Health seeks bold ideas for products, services and implementation models that could transform how persistent challenges in reproductive, maternal, newborn and child health are addressed in low- and middle-income countries. Successful proposals will be awarded seed grants of up to $100,000 CAD over a maximum of 12 to 18 months.

Of particular interest to Grand Challenges Canada are innovations to improve reproductive, maternal, newborn and child health in humanitarian contexts, notably among internally displaced and refugee populations, as well as innovations that improve the sexual and reproductive health and rights of women and girls, so that they are empowered and have greater influence over their lives and futures.

DEADLINE: August 3, 2017 at 3:00 p.m. ET

About Grand Challenges Canada

Grand Challenges Canada is dedicated to supporting Bold Ideas with Big Impact® in global health. Funded by the Government of Canada, Grand Challenges Canada supports innovators in low- and middle-income countries and Canada. The bold ideas we support integrate science and technology, social and business innovation – we call this Integrated Innovation®. Grand Challenges Canada focuses on bringing successful innovation to scale, catalyzing sustainability and impact. We have a determined focus on results, and on saving and improving lives.

As one of the largest impact investors in Canada, Grand Challenges Canada has invested in over 800 innovations in over 80 countries around the world. Grand Challenges Canada works closely with Global Affairs Canada and the Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR). Grand Challenges Canada is hosted in Toronto at the Sandra Rotman Centre at the University Health Network.

To help us reach a broader audience, please forward this email to all colleagues, friends and interested parties. If you are not already on our mailing list and would like to keep up-to-date with all the latest developments, including news, publications and job opportunities, subscribe to our mailing list.

For further information, please visit our website at grandchallenges.ca and look for us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn.

Nouvelle occasion de financement

Les Étoiles en santé mondiale : Ronde 9

LES ÉTOILES EN SANTÉ REPRODUCTIVE, MATERNELLE, NÉONATALE ET INFANTILE DEMANDE DE PROPOSITIONS

Grands Défis Canada, qui est financé par le gouvernement du Canada, annonce le lancement d’une nouvelle occasion de financement : Les Étoiles en santé reproductive, maternelle, néonatale et infantile.

Les Étoiles en santé reproductive, maternelle, néonatale et infantile est à la recherche des idées audacieuses pour des produits, des services et des modèles de mise en œuvre susceptibles de transformer la façon d’aborder les défis persistants en santé reproductive, maternelle, néonatale et infantile dans les pays à revenu faible ou intermédiaire. Les propositions retenues se verront accorder une subvention de démarrage pouvant aller jusqu'à 100 000 $CAN sur une période maximale de 12 à 18 mois.

Grands Défis Canada s’intéresse plus particulièrement aux innovations visant à améliorer la santé reproductive, maternelle, néonatale et infantile dans les contextes humanitaires, notamment parmi les populations déplacées à l’intérieur et les réfugiés, ainsi qu‘aux innovations visant à améliorer la santé sexuelle et reproductive et les droits des femmes et des filles, afin qu’elles aient une plus grande autonomie et une plus grande influence sur leur vie et leur avenir.

DATE LIMITE D’INSCRIPTION : le 3 août 2017 à 15:00 HE

À propos de Grands Défis Canada

Grands Défis Canada est voué à appuyer des idées audacieuses ayant un grand impact en santé mondiale. Notre financement provient du gouvernement du Canada et nous finançons des innovateurs les pays à revenu faible ou intermédiaire et au Canada. Les idées audacieuses que nous appuyons intègrent des innovations scientifiques/technologiques, sociales et commerciales – ce que nous appelons l’Innovation intégrée. Nous mettons l’accent sur le déploiement à l’échelle d’innovations fructueuses qui favorisent la viabilité et l’impact. Nous sommes résolument centrés sur les résultats et sur les moyens de sauver et d’améliorer des vies.

Grands Défis Canada travaille en étroite collaboration avec Affaires mondiales Canada et les Instituts de recherche en santé du Canada (IRSC). Grands Défis Canada est hébergé au Sandra Rotman Centre, qui fait partie du Réseau universitaire de santé.

Afin de nous aider à rejoindre un auditoire plus vaste, envoyez ce courriel à tous vos collègues et amis ou à toute autre personne intéressée. Si votre nom ne figure pas déjà sur notre liste d’envoi et que vous aimeriez être tenu(e) informé(e) des développements les plus récents, y compris les dernières nouvelles, les publications et les occasions d’emploi, veuillez vous abonner à notre liste d’envoi.

Pour de plus amples informations, svp visiter notre site web à grandsdefis.ca et suivez-nous sur Facebook, Twitter, YouTube et LinkedIn.