PICS 2018 - internship call for proposals

The Office of Research Services has received the following information which we are forwarding to our e-mail list members:

To the PICS Program committee, Advisory board and Executive committee,

Re: notice of the 2018- PICS Internship program call for proposals

Please forward to those you feel would be interested.

The Pacific Institute for Climate Solutions (PICS) produces knowledge that is actively used by decision makers to develop effective mitigation and adaptation policies and actions. Every year PICS supports the hiring of university students to work on projects relevant to our vision, mandate and objectives. These internships provide students with opportunities to develop expertise in the area of climate change solutions, both mitigation and adaptation, and support our partners in addressing the climate change-related challenges they face.

PICS will provide $10,000 to BC provincial, regional, and local governments, and BC-based non-governmental agencies to hire a student intern for a minimum of 13 weeks. Successful applicants may top up this contribution to provide an appropriate wage for the student’s level of education and experience. Private-sector companies and crown corporations are eligible to apply for funds; PICS will match private-sector and crown corporation contributions to a maximum of $6,000.

Successful applicants are responsible for the selection of a suitable student intern. To this end, they are required to post their internship position at all four PICS partner universities’ student career centres and/or co-operative education offices.

Applications will be evaluated based on the following criteria:

• Quality and potential for impact
• Relevance to PICS vision, mandate and principles
• Climate solutions focus
• Transferable and/or research skill development
• Potential for student learning

Eligible students must be enrolled in a fulltime undergraduate or graduate program at one of the four PICS partner institutions: UVIC, UBC, SFU or UNBC. Students must be returning to complete their degree programs following the internship; students who have completed all their degree requirements are not eligible for this program.

Application forms are available on the PICS internship web page, and are to be submitted to picsadmn@uvic.ca no later than 9:00 am., Tuesday, January 9, 2018.

UNSUBSCRIBE
You have received this message through your subscription to an e-mail list.
If you would like to unsubscribe, please click here.

Office of Research Services (ORS)
Simon Fraser University | Discovery 2, Room 230
8888 University Dr., Burnaby, B.C. V5A 1G6
sfu.ca/ors