[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
upcoming talk on Mining in Mexico + exchange opportunities, Sept. 23, 10:30 am in AQ 6106
- To: CIHR List <email@example.com>, SSHRC List <firstname.lastname@example.org>, NSERC List <email@example.com>
- Subject: upcoming talk on Mining in Mexico + exchange opportunities, Sept. 23, 10:30 am in AQ 6106
- From: Office of Research Services <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2017 14:26:33 -0700 (PDT)
- In-reply-to: <2004654887.13164997.1505424126280.JavaMail.email@example.com>
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=help> (List Instructions)
- List-id: <sshrc-list.sfu.ca>
- List-owner: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-subscribe: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <mailto:email@example.com?subject=unsubscribe>
- References: <1387923514.2938801.1505163761152.JavaMail.firstname.lastname@example.org> <1120737909.8295717.1505169389220.JavaMail.email@example.com> <1813807574.10757773.1505422336642.JavaMail.firstname.lastname@example.org> <27382624.10784908.1505422917347.JavaMail.email@example.com> <1075681999.10792593.1505423109984.JavaMail.firstname.lastname@example.org> <2004654887.13164997.1505424126280.JavaMail.email@example.com>
- Thread-index: p34SrtSKs9Dv5wWf9sjWB61LjoqYGApUMbf7k1ETqnA4xekHx7ypFtV4GD5hiZ88vprpXQ==
- Thread-topic: upcoming talk on Mining in Mexico + exchange opportunities, Sept. 23, 10:30 am in AQ 6106
The Office of Research Services has received the following information which we are forwarding to our e-mail list members:
Dear colleagues: I am very pleased to inform you about a visit from
Dr. Maria Antonia Correa Serrano of the Universidad Autonoma Metropolitana in Mexico
City. The visit is made possible thanks to a speaker grant from FASS, the Dept. of Political Science,
and the School for International Studies.
Dr. Correa will be presenting her research on the activities of Canadian mining companies in
I am attaching a poster, abstract, and cv for our distinguished guest.
In addition, she will be discussing exchange opportunities for faculty and graduate students
to visit Mexico City. I am working on getting Senate approval for a formal agreement to the
exchange. I am currently hosting a visiting graduate student, and have visited UAM-X twice
as a speaker. It is a safe and inviting place, and the university has free short-term
housing in a university house close to campus.
Dr. Correa will be presenting again on Sept. 25 at the downtown campus, at 1500, in an event
co-sponsored by the School of International Studies. Room tba Please contact Gerardo Otero,
firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
Both events are open to the public.
Please let me know if you have any questions.
Dept. of Political Science
Simon Fraser University
8888 University Drive
Burnaby, BC CANADA V5A 1S6
Office: AQ 6048
Check out some of my books: https://www.amazon.com/Anil-Hira/e/B000APHUT4
Correa Abstract + cv for Sept 2017 SFU talk.docx
PS 1177_Fall Speaker Series 2018.pdf
Description: Adobe PDF document