Bringing Communities to Life and Creating a More Livable, Sustainable, and Shareable World.
Launched in Vancouver, Canada in 2015, UmbraCity is the easiest and most sustainable way to put an umbrella in everyone’s hands when they need it. UmbraCity has developed a network of fully automated, smart umbrella rental kiosks that provide on-demand access to umbrellas to our community — whether you’re a resident or commuter, or somewhere in between.
Stay Covered Wherever You Go
Registration is free for SFU community members for the first 24 hours when you sign up at a kiosk at any SFU campus location.
Please note: there is a $3/day late charge (max. 10 days) if umbrellas are not returned to a kiosk within 24 hours.
- Register for an UmbraCity account online or at any kiosk.
- Use the SFU partner code for the online registration process: StayDrySFU
- Find a kiosk at one of our campuses or within the community.
- Borrow an umbrella by signing in with your phone number and pin at the kiosk.
- Return by simply placing the umbrella back in any kiosk in Metro Vancouver.
Burnaby Campus Locations
- Student Union Building
- Discovery 1
- Discovery 2
- Blusson Hall
- Academic Quadrangle
- Halpern Centre
- West Mall (near starbucks)
Surrey Campus Locations
- SFU Surrey Engineering Building
Central City Mall Locations:
- Central City Plaza exit
- East lower level exit near Boston Pizza
- West upper level exit near Tim Hortons
Vancouver Campus Locations
- Harbour Centre (Level 1)
- Harbour Centre (Level 2)
- Centre For Dialogue
- Segal Building
- Goldcorp Centre For The Performing Arts