Nominations for CS Excellence in Teaching Awards
On behalf of the School of Computing Science Teaching Award Committee, 2023:
The Excellence in Teaching Award recognizes exceptional instructors in the School of Computing Science who deliver high-quality materials, design innovative and engaging teaching methods, and create respectful and inclusive learning environments for students and who goes "above and beyond" the normal teaching activities. The award considers teaching activities in the two most recent academic years (2021-2022).
The award is adjudicated by the School Teaching Awards committee, which includes faculty members as well as graduate and undergraduate student representatives, and past award winners.
The Teaching Awards Committee evaluates candidates by these criteria:
- Quality of teaching, including the ability to clearly present complex information, the creation of an engaging, supportive learning environment, and student success.
- Innovation of teaching, including updating course material, adoption of innovative teaching methods, and development of tools.
- Impact on the community, including leading teaching initiatives, delivering talks on teaching innovation, and contribution to outreach activities.
- Exemplifies the six fundamental values of academic integrity: honesty, trust, fairness, respect, responsibility, and courage.
- Any faculty member or student associated with the School of Computing Science can submit one or more nominations. Joint nominations involving groups of nominators, as well as self-nominations, are welcome. Nominations for both early-career teachers and later-career teachers are encouraged. The nomination should describe the nominee’s contributions to one or more of the above criteria.
- A faculty member may receive this award only once in any five-year period. The previous recipients are: Angelica Lim, Greg Baker, Igor Shinkar, and Brian Fraser.
- Only MACM 101 and courses in CMPT taught in 2021-2022 will be considered
** Please email your nominations to email@example.com by February 28, 2023.**
Expectations from the Award Winner
- Share their teaching success with colleagues and students in a public talk or seminar.
- Serve on the Teaching Award committee for at least one year.
- Nominations accepted from December 22, 2022 to February 28, 2023. Please email nominations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Review process conducted from March 1st to March 24th, 2023.
- Award announced at a School meeting in the spring/summer semester.
We look forward to receiving your nominations!