INFORMATION FOR EMPLOYERS
Are you an employer looking for applied computer science talent? Our master's students complete a co-op semester as part of their degree. Employers benefit from the flexibility of the program, the simple hiring process, and, most of all, the recruitment advantage: make better hiring decisions by working with potential employees before fully on-boarding!
GOOD TO KNOW
BCIC is offering the BC Tech Co-op Grants Program to assist small technology firms with funding their first co-op student.
OUR CO-OP EMPLOYERS INCLUDE:
Alida (formerly Vision Critical)
Electronic Arts (EA)
Insurance Corporation of British Columbia (ICBC)
Plenty of Fish
Royal Bank of Canada (RBC)
SFU Big Data Hub
WHAT CAN OUR MASTER'S STUDENTS DO?
Every student will have a different skill set depending on the courses they chose within their program plan. Our co-op advisors can easily assist you with finding the right fit for your needs. Below is an overview of the areas our program can cover.
- large-scale data processing
- Apache Hadoop ecosystem
- data warehousing and data lakes
- cloud and distributed systems
- machine learning and statistical analysis
- SQL and NoSQL databases
- data visualization and communication skills
- natural language processing
- large graph analysis
- SLAM systems
- image and geometry processing
- computer vision
- visualization systems and tools
- computational photography
- HCI and interactive systems
- video games
- medical image processing
- information security and privacy
- penetration testing and ethical hacking
- system, network and cloud security
- intrusion detection and prevention
- cyber situational awareness
- cyber risk assessment and mitigation
- cryptographic protocols
- secure software design
- blockchain technology
THE CO-OP TEAM
Check out our FAQ page.
For co-op related questions, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.