Teaching Assistant Minimum Requirements
- Must submit current Curriculum Vitae and an “unofficial transcript” at time of applications through our online TA application system
- Must have sufficient written and one-to-one oral communications skills in order to support students and instructors throughout the semester whether in-person or by email.
- Must have sufficient time management and organizational skills for courses with labs
- Teachings Assistants must have an undergraduate degree in computer science or an equivalent post-secondary degree from a recognized institution or demonstrated industry experience specific to the course(s) applied for. Applicants must have sufficient knowledge of the individual course requirements in order to provide optimum TA support for students and course instructors.
- Or a senior undergraduate student who has a better than average overall CGPA and can demonstrate competence through courses taken. Applicants must have sufficient knowledge of the individual course requirements in order to provide optimum TA support for students and course instructors
Teaching at SFU Summer 2023 will be conducted in person. Application for and acceptance of TA contracts acknowledges that you will be available in-person for all duties related to and for the entire duration of the appointment.
Please ensure that you review the course calendar entry and course outline and course schedules for details about each course.
Click here to see TA resources.
Applications are now closed.