Professor, School of Computing Science
Ph.D. Computer Science, Purdue University, United States, 2004
M.Sc, Computer Science and Engineering, University of Connecticut, United States, 2001
B.Sc., Electronics Engineering, Mansoura University, Egypt, 1994.
- Multimedia networking over wired and wireless networks
- Peer-to peer systems
- Internet Protocols
- Cloud and high-performance computing
- Multimedia Systems
- Computer Networks
- Operating Systems
Recently taught courses
- CMPT 300 Operating Systems
- CMPT 771 Internet Architecture and Protocols
- CMPT 820 Multimedia Systems
Selected recent publications
- C. Hsu and M. Hefeeda, Flexible Broadcasting of Scalable Video Streams to Heterogeneous Mobile Devices, IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, 10(3), pp. 406--418, March 2011.
- K. Mokhtarian and M. Hefeeda, Authentication of Scalable Video Streams with Low Communication Overhead, IEEE Transactions on Multimedia, 12(7), pp. 730--742, November 2010.
- C. Ly, C. Hsu, and M. Hefeeda, Improving Online Gaming Quality using Detour Paths, In Proc. of ACM Multimedia 2010, pp. 55--64, Firenze, Italy, October 2010.
- M. Hefeeda and C. Hsu, On Burst Transmission Scheduling in Mobile TV Broadcast Networks, IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, 18(2), pp. 610—623, April 2010.
- M. Hefeeda and O. Saleh, Traffic Modeling and Proportional Partial Caching for Peer-to-Peer Systems, IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, 16(6), pp. 1447--1460, December 2008.
For more information visit www.cs.sfu.ca/~mhefeeda/publications.html.
Listing on the DBLP CS Bibliography Server.