Full-time, in class Public Relations Certificate
We’ll evaluate your application based on your academic qualifications, work experience, and interest in the field.
- You must have completed at least Grade 12 English or equivalent, plus preferably some post-secondary education.
- You need excellent writing and communication skills.
Please include the following with your application:
- A résumé that includes your education and work history, and any relevant volunteer experience.
- A statement of why you think the Public Relations Certificate is right for you (no more than 500 words).
- A writing sample such as a news release, news story, business correspondence, letter to the editor, web page content, other non-fiction or a personal narrative (no more than 500 words).
We review applications as we receive them, but the program is limited to 20 people, so please apply early. We will notify you of our decision within three weeks of receiving your online application.
For application fee and payment deadline, visit Program details.
English language requirements
To succeed in this program, you will need an advanced level of written and spoken English. If you are unsure whether your English language skills are sufficient, we recommend you complete the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) with the following minimums:
- Overall band score of 6.5.
- All bands 6.0 or higher.
- A minimum writing band score of 8.0.
Please note we can’t refund your registration fees after the course start date if you find your English language skills are not adequate.
If you have questions or concerns about your English language proficiency, we encourage you to contact your local IELTS Test Centre.