- Contact Us
CUPE Agreement Ratified
We are pleased to share that the three-year collective agreement between the university and CUPE 3338 has been ratified by all parties and is now in full effect. This agreement covers the period April 1, 2022 to March 31, 2025.
This agreement is aligned with SFU’s commitment to become a living wage employer, while staying consistent with the Province’s 2022 Shared Recovery Mandate. It also reflects the key priorities and mutual interests of both sides, including the following:
- Improving health and sick leave benefits
- Improving pay in lieu of benefits and maintenance of seniority for temporary employees
- Increasing commitment to professional development and learning
- Increasing flexibility in scheduling and recruiting employees
- Embedding demonstrable commitments to equity and Reconciliation such as adding a cultural leave for Indigenous employees and incorporating gender-inclusive contract language
An updated copy of the Collective Agreement will be made available shortly and can be accessed on the Labour Relations website.
The university thanks both parties for a successful bargaining experience and the renewed Collective Agreement.