SFU is committed to creating a scholarly community characterized by honesty, civility, diversity, free inquiry, mutual respect, individual safety and freedom from harassment and discrimination.
The Student Conduct Office supports this by:
- Holding students accountable for acts of misconduct through the administration of the S10.05 Student Conduct Policy.
- Providing consultation services, support and education to the SFU community on student conduct identification and response.
- Working with students who present with complex needs or circumstances that have the potential to severely impact their academic efforts and/or increase their chances of student misconduct involvement.
- Working within a multi-disciplinary team in response to incidents of student crisis or threat as outlined in the GP 25 Response to Violence and Threatening Behaviour Policy.
The success of SFU’s approach to student conduct depends on the SFU community:
- Distinguishing between behaviours of concern and instances of misconduct
- Offering support and referrals for behaviours of concern
- Reporting instances of misconduct to Campus Security:
- Non-emergency all campuses: 778-782-7991
- Emergency all campuses: 911
- Reporting instances of student misconduct to Student Conduct Office