Women Deliver (WD) is a leading global advocate that champions gender equality and the health and rights of girls and women around the world to drive political and financial investment.
Vancouver is hosting Women Deliver 2019 — the world’s largest conference on gender equality and the health, rights, and wellbeing of girls and women in the 21st century.
The conference inspires new policy, funding, commitments, that support gender equality and health and rights of women.
As a Canadian Mobilizer, SFU is helping to advance Canada’s three action areas:
- Gender Responsive Health System and Services
- Gender-Based Violence
- Women’s Economic Empowerment and Equal Opportunity
A post-conference survey from the 2016 Conference revealed that 97% of respondents felt motivated to take one or more actions, as a result of attending the conference.
With over 6,000 world leaders, parliamentarians, royals, private sector executives, civil society leaders, young people, advocates, academics, activists, and journalists from over 160 countries expected to attend, you can…
- Increase the impact of your gender-based research
- Network with leading gender-based researchers and peers from around the world
- Influence local, provincial and national action towards gender equality
- Increase general awareness about gender equality
- Position yourself as a gender-based thought leader
- Collaborate and strengthen advocacy agendas and policy recommendations
- Access additional funding opportunities (In 2016, several presenters received additional funding to scale their products as a direct result of participating in Appy Hour)
Resources and support
- Register as a gender-based researcher for the 2019 Emerging Thought Leaders (ETL) program to receive media and presentation training and personalized coaching.
- Promote your event
- For further inquiries, please contact Sobhana Jaya Madhavan, SFU’s Institutional Lead for WD2019, and Preethi Bokka, Project Coordinator.