CIEEDAC's services include:
- Maintaining a comprehensive database since 1990 on physical production data, annual energy consumption, and cumulative CO2, CH4, and N2O emissions. Information is disaggregated nationally by type of energy and by industry. Some historical (1990 – 1996) data of expenditures on energy and physical energy consumption are available at the provincial level;
- Publishing annual reports on trends in energy consumption, GHG emissions, and intensity indicators for a range of Canadian industrial sectors;
- Maintaining and updating databases of renewable electricity, district energy, and cogeneration;
- Providing specific data analysis for sponsors, and improving data accessibility and quality through focused projects;
- Providing an interactive database for accessing our data online; and
- Publishing a newsletter several times per year.