Spring Semester Permits
Spring Semester parking permits are on sale now; new and returning students, click on this link for more information about parking on campus.
The Parking & Sustainable Mobility Services office will be open extended hours from 8:30am – 6:00pm during the first week of classes, Tuesday, January 3rd – Friday, January 6th. Please expect long line ups during this time. We are located on the ground floor of the Maggie Benston Centre.
Please remember to bring in SFU ID & vehicle information (license plate, make & model etc.) We accept Visa, MasterCard, Debit & Cash; we do not accept cheques. Please note that the card holder MUST be present for all transactions.
If you are a new permit holder, or if your account information has changed, please bring this completed form with you when you register for your parking permit.
For information on road conditions and whether or not the campus is open, please visit the SFU Road & Traffic Report page.
Update on Parking congestion & availability:
The start of the semester generally sees an increase in traffic congestion in the parking lots as students, faculty,and staff drive to campus more frequently, and remain on campus longer throughout the day.
Especially during the first few weeks, North Parking and East Parking will reach "lot full" status early in the day; in order to avoid frustration, please allow yourself extra time to park and arrive at your classes/offices.
1) If you arrive AFTER 9:30AM North Lot is often full, it may be best to proceed directly to East Parking or South Parking.
2) If you arrive AFTER 10:30AM or 11:00AM both North Lot and East Lot are often full, it may be best to proceed directly to South Parking.
3) If South Lot fills please follow the direction of parking & traffic staff and they will direct you to the nearest available parking.
Note that Outdoor Permits are valid in any of East Parking, North Parking, and South Parking; if you find one of those lots full, please proceed to one of the other lots within which your permit is valid. Click here for a map of the Parking Lots on campus.
In order to minimize congestion, Parking & Sustainable Mobility Services has done the following:
1) Added 25 parking spaces to North Parking.
2) Assigned staff to the parking lots to direct traffic to available parking during the first week of classes.
3) Organized overflow parking to be available should it be necessary.
September 2013 Parking Changes September 2013 Parking Changes - Summary, Feedback, and Board Approval (2.3MB Picture File)
Parking Announcement Effective Monday 01 November 2010, Parking Services became a component of SFU Ancillary Services....
Parking Enforcement Update - February 2010 Resumption of Ticketing - February 8, 2010