Student Parking – Sales Information
Residence West Lot Parking Permits are available for the 2019 Spring Semester. Outdoor, Indoor, and Residence Main Lot Permits are currently Sold Out.
To purchase parking:
- Please come in to our offices at MBC0027 - Maggie Benston Centre, bottom level.
- We are open extended hours during the first week of classes: 8:30am-6:00pm
- Bring photo ID and your vehicle information.
- If paying by credit or debit, the cardholder must be present.
During the first few weeks of classes, many of the lots can reach "lot full" status.
Please drive with care and allow extra time to park and arrive at your classes/offices.
Note that Outdoor Permits are valid in any of East Parking, North Parking, and South Parking. If you find one of these lots full, please proceed to one of the other lots where your permit is valid.
1) If you arrive AFTER 9:30AM North Lot is often full, it may be best to proceed directly to East Lot, South Lot, or the overflow lot.
2) If you arrive AFTER 10:30AM or 11:00AM both North Lot and East Lot are often full, it may be best to proceed directly to the overflow lot or South lot.
3) Please follow the direction of parking & traffic staff and they will direct you to the nearest available parking. The lots generally begin to open up around 2:00PM
The Residence West Lot is now available to daily/hourly parkers, and offers an All-Day Early Bird rate of $6.50 - available to 10:00am.
Reminder of Rate/Fine Changes
- The hourly rate in North Lot has increased to $5/hr, and the maximum daily rate in North Lot is now $25/day.
- Hourly and daily rates in the other lots (e.g. East Lot, West Parkade, etc.) are not increasing and remain at $3.25/hr and $13/day - if you pay by the hour you may wish to park in these less expensive lots.
- The price of a standard parking ticket has increased from $30 to $50. Vehicles with unpaid tickets continue to be subject to impound (wheel lock or towing) with the possibility of a hold being place on the student account.
- New $6.50 All Day Rate - Available to 10:00AM in the Residence West Lot
Did you know?:
SFU Parking & Sustainable Mobility Services has partnered with Passport Canada to offer a Mobile Payment option. Using the Passport Canada app or website, drivers can now easily pay for parking from their mobile phone.
Where Can I Use Passport Canada on Campus?
The Passport Canada App can be used in most of the major lots across campus - Look for the Passport Zone signs and enter the zone # in the Passport Canada App.
More information can be found here.
Mobile Payments Simon Fraser University is proud to introduce the Passport Canada parking app. With Passport...
September 2013 Parking Changes September 2013 Parking Changes - Summary, Feedback, and Board Approval (2.3MB Picture File)
Parking Announcement Effective Monday 01 November 2010, Parking Services became a component of SFU Ancillary Services....
Parking Enforcement Update - February 2010 Resumption of Ticketing - February 8, 2010