- Campus public safety
- Campus security
- Keys, cards & alarms
- Traffic safety
Watch for equipment and construction crews at the areas listed below and always obey signs, traffic controls, and traffic control personnel.
For questions regarding traffic notices, please contact Mike Spencer at email@example.com.
Jul 27th - Sep 26th University Drive East Roadway Interruption
UPDATE (3 September 2020)
University Drive East has been reopened to two-way vehicle traffic.
Temporary lane closures and interruptions can be expected through to the end of September while construction activity is completed.
- Sidewalks along the section of University Drive East between Gaglardi Way and Nelson Way will remain closed until all sidewalk work has been completed.
- Cyclists are asked to continue using the Gaglardi Way, University Drive West and South Campus Road detour route until all University Drive East road work has been completed.
- The slip lane from Gaglardi Way to University Drive East will remain closed until roadside work at the end of the lane is completed.
UPDATE (12 August 2020)
Work is progressing. Cyclists and pedestrians are reminded not to enter the Road Closed - Sidewalk Closed section of University Drive East as there is not a continuous path to pass through. Please use alternate routing via Gaglardi Way, University Drive West and South Campus Road.
UPDATE (17 July 2020)
The road closure has been post-poned and is now scheduled to be in place on Monday, July 27th.
July 27th through September 7th (2020)
The section of University Drive East between Gaglardi Way and Nelson Way.
Refer to the map.
Work to be completed:
Culverts beneath the road will be repaired. This will involve deep trench excavation across all traffic lanes of the road and the pedestrian sidewalk.
The section of University Drive East between Gaglardi Way and Nelson Way will be closed to pedestrians, cyclists and vehicles. The road will be closed 24 hours daily during the above period.
1. The main access detour route to/from the SFU campus and UniverCity will be via University Drive West. Detour signs will be posted along the route to assist motorists.
2. Cyclists and pedestrians are requested to use the multi-use path along Gaglardi Way and University Drive West while travelling in these areas.
3. This project is not anticipated to affect transit bus service.
Watch for equipment, construction vehicles, signs and crew working in the above areas.
April 27th - September 25th Gaglardi Way (TC) Temporary Roadway Interruptions
UPDATE (September 3 2020)
The southbound traffic lane on the west side of the Transportation Centre has been reopened.
Northbound traffic lane closures continue while work progresses on the south side of the Transportation Centre.
UPDATE (August 20 2020)
As part of this project northbound and southbound traffic lanes on the west side of the Transportation Centre will be closed August 24th through September 5th (2020) to accommodate road trenching for utility pipe installation, concrete replacement and concrete curing. Refer to the following map for available traffic re-routing during this period.
UPDATE (August 18 2020)
Construction activity on the center island of the Transportation Centre (TC) and roadway interruptions will continue into September.
The northbound bus lane on the west side of the TC will remain (temporarily) closed. Temporary closure of the northbound traffic lane on the east side of the TC center island can also be expected. Delays and congestion may be expected on approach to the TC.
Allow additional travel time if you are attending campus in September.
UPDATE (July 3 2020)
Construction activity on the center traffic island of the Transportation Centre continues and may be expected to be completed late August 2020. Lessened traffic lanes in the area can be expected. Transit continues to pick up people leaving campus at the temporary bus stop located on University Drive West.
UPDATE (1 May 2020)
Traffic pattern changes to accommodate the center island construction activity can be expected throughout the project period. Traffic control devices will be in place to assist motorists. Watch for lane closures, Road Closed/Do Not Enter signage and adjust travel routes as changes occur.
The posted map reflects changes to begin Monday, May 4, 2020.
April 27 - August 31 (2020).
Gaglardi Way at Transportation Centre (TC).
Work to be completed:
Work related to the plaza renewal project will be completed. This involves the removal of the surface tile and concrete on the north and south sides of the TC.
1. Gaglardi Way temporary lane closures can be expected at the TC. Traffic control personnel will be on site to direct motorists, pedestrians and cyclists.
2. The west side passenger drop-off zone will be closed.
3. Traffic delays along Gaglardi Way can be expected.
4. Transit bus bay 1 along the west side of the Transportation Centre will be closed. A temporary bus stop is located around the corner on University Drive West for passengers to board buses heading off campus.
5. Pedestrians and cyclists will be detoured around work site activity.
1. Watch for transit advisory notices and temporary signs posted at the Transportation Centre to direct passengers to board at the temporary stop located on University Drive West.
2. Traffic control personnel will be on site to assist motorists, pedestrians and cyclists along Gaglardi Way.
Watch for equipment, signs and personnel working in the above area.