Ask for help online just as you would use Facebook Messenger to talk to a friend. It's a secure connection and you log in with your SFU computing ID. 

Course Planning

Academic advisors are available through LiveCHAT for quick course or program planning questions

LiveCHAT is available for the following students:

  • undergraduate students with fewer than 60 credits and undeclared;
  • undeclared and declared students facing academic difficulty; or
  • undeclared and declared students wanting to change their major.

LiveCHAT is available through the Advisor Link platform.

For additional information on how we can help you, visit Academic Advising.

Withdraw from courses

Do you need to withdraw from a course because of circumstances beyond your control? 

Book an advising appointment through Advisor Link.
A Student Services Advisor from your Success Team will be able to assist you.

If Student Services Advising does not appear under your Success Teams, email for assistance.
For additional information on how we can help you, visit Academic Advising.

Course Enrollment, Fees, Payments, Transcripts, Grades and more

Registrar and Information Services will able to assist you with:

  • Navigating the online enrollment system
  • Questions about your financial account balance or fees owing
  • Questions about your student record
  • Transcript requests
  • Obtaining Confirmation of Enrollment
  • Accessing your grades

See hours of operation
Phone: 778.782.6930


Student Services makes this volunteer service available to you for your convenience. Please be advised that the personal information you provide to initiate this session and a record of the conversation is stored in Canada. All conversations are automatically recorded and retained for the period of time required by law and University policy. Your conversation is encrypted as it moves back and forth between your computer and the chat platform's server. You should carefully consider and decide if, it is appropriate to use this service to discuss sensitive personal financial or academic details. If you are concerned about communicating your personal information on-line, please speak with a Student Services representative by phone.