Re: Poll: Is your GAL Internal, External, or Both?

External GAL, because we are maintaining the data there already.

Running 6.0.4, with a galsync account.

Not happy with it.

In the web client, GAL is dramatically slower than under 5.x. Previously, it would keep up with your keystrokes. Now, it takes between 0.5 and 5 seconds. Subsequent runs tend to be faster, but never as fast as 5.x. I haven't had time to troubleshoot this thoroughly.

I turned on galsync because some of what I was reading suggested it was necessary for Outlook. Despite the resources-in-GAL being flagged as fixed, I ended up having to create two data sources, one external LDAP and the other polling Zimbra LDAP for (&(objectClass=zimbracalendarresource)(mail=*)(zimbraAccountStatus=active)(!(zimbraHideInGAL=TRUE))).
--
Rich Graves http://claimid.com/rcgraves
Carleton.edu Sr UNIX and Security Admin