Vancouver-area Worm Research Meeting
The centerpiece of VanWoRM presentations is the nematode C. elegans, with topics that include gene expression and regulation, development, neurobiology and understanding molecular mechanisms of human diseases. Meetings encompass three talks averaging 20 minutes in length, and are followed by the exchange of ideas over pizza and beverages. VanWoRM is organised by students (see its History) and is looking for sponsors!
Wednesday April 5, 2017 (5.00 - 6.00 pm)
- Nigel O'Neil (Hieter lab, UBC): Identifying cancer-relevant Synthetic Lethal interactions with C. elegans (long presentation)
- Forum Bhanshali (Taubert lab, UBC): Function and regulation of the elongation factor kinase efk-1/eEF2K in the starvation response (short presentation)
- Abigail Feresten (Hutter lab, SFU): What leads the leaders? Identifying factors involved in pioneer axon extension (short presentation)
- Dr. Nancy Hawkins (Hawkins lab, SFU): Deciphering the cortical and nuclear requirements for HAM-1 in asymmetric neuroblast division (long presentation)
We hope to see you there!
meeting abstracts are no longer provided
View previous VanWoRM abstracts >
VanWoRM organising committee
- Chair - Troy McDiarmid (UBC)
- Committee members - Alex Yu (UBC), Kwangjin Park (SFU), Hamida Safi (SFU), Naomi Shomer (CMMT)
You can reach the organisers at anytime by writing to .
VanWoRM announcements and notes
- VanWoRM Meeting minutes - Aug. 11, 2009 - official document [opens new page]