Vancouver-area Worm Research Meeting
The centerpiece of VanWoRM presentations is the nematode C. elegans, with topics that include gene expression and regulation, development, neurobiology and understanding molecular mechanisms of human diseases. Meetings encompass three talks averaging 20 minutes in length, and are followed by the exchange of ideas over pizza and beverages. VanWoRM is organised by students (see its History) and is looking for sponsors!
Wednesday December 7, 2016 (4.30 - 6.00 pm)
Djavad Mowafaghian Centre for Brain Health Room 3402 ABC
- Jesse Taylor (Hutter lab, SFU): Injecting collagen into neuroscience: Augmenting our understanding of axonal guidance in C. elegans (long presentation)
- Dr. Marine Barbelanne (Leroux lab, SFU): The transition zone may function as a lipid gate to establish a ciliary signalling compartment (short presentation)
- Frank Ye (Hieter lab, UBC): Characterizing G-quadraplex stabilizing anti-cancer compounds in C. elegans (short presentation)
- Kiana Martin (Moerman lab, UBC): Anthelmintic Resistance in Wild Strains of C. elegans (short presentation)
- Naomi Shomer (Taubert lab, UBC): Transcription adaptation of toxic and trace metal homeostasis by Mediator subunits MDT-15 and CDK-8 (long presentation)
SEE YOU THERE!
meeting abstracts are no longer provided
View previous VanWoRM abstracts >
VanWoRM organising committee
- Chair - Troy McDiarmid (UBC)
- Committee members - Alex Yu (UBC), Kwangjin Park (SFU), Hamida Safi (SFU), Naomi Shomer (CMMT)
You can reach the organisers at anytime by writing to .
VanWoRM announcements and notes
- VanWoRM Meeting minutes - Aug. 11, 2009 - official document [opens new page]