- News & Updates
- People Of SFU: Meet the Food Superstars Who Helped Bring The New Dining Commons To Life
- Burnaby Mountain Comes Together To Celebrate StreetFest! 2022
- Embedding Sustainability In New SFU Letters
- The SFU Living Labs Program Connects Research With Campus Services and Sustainability
- SFU Welcomes Back Graduates This Summer With Most Ceremonies Ever Hosted
- Fair Trade Ambassador Daphne Chan Wins 2022 NACAS Student Author Contest
- Mugshare Launches at Renaissance Café
- Smart Vending Arrives at SFU
- Student Nathan 'Cain' Lee Aims To Rank Up To The World of Professional eSports
- Shannon De Groot Joins SFU As New Director of MECS
- SFU community rallies to support B.C. flood relief response
- The Study Public House Temporary Closure
- Document Solutions Surrey Service Updates
- Students and Staff Collaborate to Ensure Water Access On Campuses
- Fair Trade Ambassador Nell Jedrzejczyk Wins NACAS Student Author Contest
- The Community Vibrancy Initiative is bringing 'good vibes' to Burnaby Campus
- Stay Dry With Umbracity At SFU
- Document Solutions Campus Operations Updates
- The Bookstore & Spirit Shop Welcomes You
- Return To Campus Student Webinars with TransLink
- SFU StreetFest! Virtual draws more than 2,000 global visitors
- Co-op opportunities still provide work-integrated learning and experience during pandemic
- Feed BC: Building opportunities for B.C. food with post-secondary partners
- SFU Bookstore and Spirit Shop innovate to prioritize student choice
- Join in as we phase out single-use plastic water bottles
- Summer Term Parking Info
- Re-use For Good
- Community Vibrancy
- Fair Trade
- Contact Us
Ancillary Services has been working hard during the pandemic to continue to service the SFU community on our campuses and at a distance.
We’re happy to provide the following service updates for the Fall Term 2020.
Bookstore & Spirit Shop | Parking & Sustainable Mobility | Dining Services | MECS | DocSol
Bookstore & Spirit Shop
As a response to COVID-19, the SFU Bookstore and Spirit Shop has made a number of changes to its operations over the past few months to support working, teaching, and learning remotely.
For the Summer term, the SFU Bookstore worked jointly with Senior Academic Leadership to launch the VitalSource pilot program for online course material delivery for instructors and students. The program platform fully integrates with our Bookstore website and learning material requisition software, and provides students with affordable e-text options and delivery of physical textbooks through secondary providers such as Amazon and AbeBooks. Due to the positive response to the pilot program to date, the VitalSource pilot will continue through the Fall term with fall course materials available now.
Additionally, the SFU Spirit Shop has enhanced its e-commerce capability through a new online store. With this new virtual store, you can safely and securely shop for SFU spirit wear, supplies, and branded gifts, and have them delivered to your door – domestic and international shipping available – to show off your SFU spirit from home.
Please note: All campus bookstore locations will remain closed for the term to comply with institutional COVID-19 safety measures but services are available online.
More info on VitalSouce for faculty and staff: http://www.sfu.ca/bookstore/faculty
Course Material Access for Students: https://bit.ly/sfu-bks-fall
SFU Spirit Shop Online Store: https://sfuspiritshop.com/
Parking & Sustainable Mobility
UPDATED - September 8, 2020
After reviewing feedback and confirming that SFU will remain at a level of High (H2) on the SFU COVID Impact Scale, SFU Parking and Sustainable Mobility will not be charging students, faculty, and staff for parking in the Fall 2020 term. The department will continue the COVID Parking policy adopted on July 1, 2020 and will reassess our policies for the 2021 Spring term.
If you are working from home, studying remotely, and/or don't require parking:
Nothing needs to be done – if you were a staff member on payroll deduction we will continue to halt your parking payroll deduction payments and we will continue to "hold" your permit.
If you will be on campus (even temporarily or part-time) and/or will require parking:
If you are a faculty or staff member who already has an annual 2020 parking permit, you don’t need to do anything.
If you are a student or faculty/staff member who does not already have a 2020 annual parking permit, please fill out our customer information form and email it to email@example.com to be included in the complementary parking list.
Note: Hourly and daily pay parking rates remain in effect for visitors and contractors at the Burnaby campus.
Due to COVID, the Parking and Sustainable Mobility office will remain closed to the public during this time. If you have questions, comments, or concerns please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Residence Dining Hall will continue to remain open from 10 am to 7 pm, 7 days per week for full-day service and, for the time being, meals continue to be take-out only for all staff, faculty, and students.
Currently, all other Burnaby campus dining locations including MacKenzie Cafe, Taco Cantina, Tim Hortons, Starbucks Westmall, and the Maggie Benston Foodcourt are remaining closed for the Fall term.
Taking your event to the virtual space!
Thinking of hosting an event, but unsure how to proceed in these uncertain times? MECS has a solution for you – Zoom Webinars.
Zoom Webinars are recommended for large classes and events with 300-500 participants and to support from MECS, can handle Q&A sessions, break-out rooms, recording, and more.
Faculty and staff can request for Zoom Webinar per class or event.
For more info, please head to http://www.sfu.ca/mecs/Virtual.html
Document Solutions continues to be available for all your essential printing, scanning and digital needs – online and through WebCRD.
For more info, check out https://pds.docsol.sfu.ca/printstore/