- Construction Alert: Monday, March 6, 2017: Please note that there will be an increase in truck traffic over the next few days due to a general site clean-up in and around the Louis Riel Building
- Snow Update: Sunday, March 5, 2017 9AM: Campus Security reports that snow has accumulated on the Burnaby campus roads and it continues to snow. Forecast is that it will turn to rain around 9 or 10 am. It is currently -1 C on Burnaby Mountain.Translink reports that buses are running to and from the Burnaby campus, but there are delays. Vancouver & Surrey campuses have slippery road conditions but transit is running. For the latest road conditions, see: http://www.sfu.ca/security/sfuroadconditions/
- Safety Alert: Due to a reported sexual assualt that occured on the Burnaby campus on Feb. 21st, all residents are advised to read and follow the safety alert that has been issued by SFU's Chief Safety Officer, Mark Lalonde, which you can read here. Students can also find more safety information and resources in SFU Safety & Risk Services' Personal Safety Guides.
- Summer Housing Questionnaire CLOSED: All current residents who have completed the online questionnaire should expect further communications via email over the next month. $700 confirmation deposits for current students receiving summer 2017 residence contracts will be due on March 1, 2017. If you have any questions about the questionnaire or summer housing, please email email@example.com.
- Construction Update, January 27, 2017: We truly apologize for the noise that the construction is making and for how long it has taken to complete. The snow and severe weather as well as freezing weather conditions caused a delay in the timeline and we are working as fast as we can to complete the work. As soon as we know the updated timeline and schedule, we will share with everyone. In the meantime, we will be stopping the work for this weekend
- Summer 2017 and Fall 2017 Applications Opened on December 1st: All prospective and current SFU and FIC students interested in applying for Residence & Housing for both the Summer (May - August) and Fall (September - December) terms should note that we have started taking applications via the Housing Portal on December 1, 2016. SFU students are encoruaged to apply for housing at the same time that they apply for admissions to SFU.
- Increased Residence Construction Activity: Residents should be aware that the SFU Residence area is currently undergoing increased construction activity, which has resulted in increased traffic, intermittent roadway and pathway closures and construction noise. Please note that the exterior demolition of the Louis Riel building is almost complete and all residents are advised to use the Towers Breezeway as their main route to move around the Residence area until further notice. Please refer to the Residence Construction Updates page to view a map of the construction zones and updates on the various projects currently underway.
Availability: Summer 2017
||Barbara Rae House Available||N/A|
|McTaggart-Cowan||Closed for Summer||Closed|
||PEN, QUE, QUA, KIM and SQU Available||N/A|
|Hamilton Hall||Tentatively Full||Active|
|Charles Chang Innovation Centre||Limited Availability (if interested, email: firstname.lastname@example.org)||N/A|
If you have any questions about building availability, please contact email@example.com.